- This event has passed.
Navigating the Crisis: A Congregational Guide to Crisis Management During COVID-19
March 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Very few faith communities had a plan for shutting down their places of worship. Fewer still had a plan for what to do if a global pandemic reached their community. Don’t panic!
Crisis management strategies still hold true even in these unprecedented times. Join us as we walk through a congregational checklist of adjustments to make (or at least consider). What can you do to proactively manage what you can and mitigate the impact of what you cannot.
Key topics include:
- What are the critical aspects of your organization you need to care for?
- How to address the needs of your congregants in terms of community-building and maintenance?
- What to do about worship?
- What is the role of faith leadership? What have we seen that has worked – and what has failed?
- How can you maintain your finances during this crisis? How can you keep your income up and where can you cut expenses?
- How to maintain critical, community-based ministries during a lock-down?
- Do you have a key-person policy? What happens if a minister or board president becomes incapacitated during this crisis?
- What facilities security policies and procedures do you need during a campus shutdown?
Some congregations will shrink or die as a result of this pandemic. Some will grow. Few, if any, will emerge the same as when this began. Congregations that developed CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radioactive, Nuclear, and Explosive) plans are obviously one step ahead of the game, but it is never too late to make a plan.
These times call for faith leadership to step up. Join us for this free webinar where we will tackle the key components listed above, leaving you with a list of items to discuss with your leadership and some best practices to apply immediately.
The information being provided during this webinar is being provided free of charge for clergy and lay-leadership of faith communities. You do NOT need to be a Reach Our Goals client to attend. Registration is limited to 40 individuals. No CE credits for this webinar are available at this time. This webinar will not be recorded.