Strategic Planning 101 is an introductory course for boards or leadership groups that are contemplating embarking on a strategic planning process. The course explores:
- Why we do strategic planning;
- Involvement: Defining key individuals and groups;
- Pre-Planning: Getting buy-in and communicating the process;
- Phase I: Foundational Work
- Phase II: Plan Development
- Phase III: Implementation & Monitoring
- We’re Not Done: The importance and process of establishing implementation and monitoring plans;
- BONUS: Governance: Selecting the right system for your organization.
Each week we will cover one topic as we go from the start to finish. It is recommended participants view the introduction to strategic planning webinar prior to beginning the course, but this is not required. As we examine the phases of strategic planning, we will spend 2-3 weeks on each phase, covering the components of each as well as common hurdles and how to overcome them.
Participants will have access to the student forum where they can ask questions, share ideas and complete discussion questions. While the class is self-paced, there will be three sessions that participants are invited to attend as live webinars, optionally.